I'm using Windows Vista. How do I set up my dial-up internet connection?
- Open the start menu, and select "control panel" from the list of options.
- In the control panel, choose the section which reads "Network and Internet".
- From there, choose the option which reads "Network and Sharing Center" (at the very top of the Network and Internet section).
- Within the Network and Sharing Center, choose the option at the top-left which reads "Set up a connection or network".
- In the list of connection options, select "Set up a dial-up connection", and then click on the button which reads "Next".
- You'll then be prompted to enter in the dial-up phone number (the access number which your computer dials into in order to connect to the internet), the user name, and your password. Make sure the option which reads "Remember this password" is checked.
- Then, once your computer is connected to the phone line and that phone line is clear, click "Connect" to save the connection and connect to the internet.